A little extra motivation never hurt, so why not wear it on your arm? These bags are big enough to hold all your workout gear and wise enough to keep you going. Whether you need motivation to enjoy the ride or just to make it to the gym, these inspirational totes have got you covered!
No need to head to school with both a backpack and gym bag this year — we found stylish options fit for academics and athletics. An A+ in our books, these packs let you hold everything from your laptop to leggings without room to spare. Whether you're a backpack gal or prefer a stylish sling, these seven options will hold your essentials to get you from class to the gym — no sweat!
Heading to yoga straight from the office? Once you have your mat and workout clothes packed, come equipped with helpful essentials. Whether you're hitting up a hot class or restorative is more your style, having a few of these items handy will ensure a comfortable practice.
- prAna Headband ($12): As you're hopping around your mat and flipping upside down, wide fabric headbands keep layers and flyaways out of your face. This beautiful printed pick will stay put for all your yoga adventures.
- The Square Water Bottle ($45): Never chase your water bottle around the studio again! The Square Bottle's design ensures you'll never experience this embarrassment. This bottle also unscrews at the top and bottom for easy cleaning — genius.
- Yogitoes Yellow Skidless Towel ($53): For classes where you're building lots of heat (and sweat) like Ashtanga or Bikram, a skidless towel helps prevent slipping around during practice.
- Tie-Dye Lucy Hair Ties ($12): Standard elastics can pull at your hair and make your practice uncomfortable, and these Twistbands don't pull or snap. For someone with a thick head of hair, these trusty hair ties are a dream come true.
- Herban Essentials Towelettes ($16): These antibacterial babies come individually wrapped so you can wipe down your mat before or after class. This variety pack offers lemon, lavender, and peppermint scents for whatever your mood.
- Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick ($17): I always have one of these lip care sticks handy in my yoga mat bag. Before and after class, I slick it on to make sure my lips don't chap during my practice.
- Yes to Cucumbers Towelettes ($10): Many studios don't offer full locker room facilities, and there's no place to wash your face. Wipe off all your makeup with one of these refreshing towelettes to make sure your pores don't clog up during class.
It's easy to stick to the same gym bag routine — throw in your workout clothes, hair tie, water bottle, and head for the door. But this Summer, shake things up and give it a makeover. After you've picked out a stylish Summer tote to take you from gym to beach, stock up on these seasonal essentials. Whether you're taking your workout outdoors or sticking to the gym, our picks are perfect for the hot weather upon us.
- Swell Insulated Water Bottle ($35): Keep your water cold — up to 24 hours! — while you exercise in the heat thanks to Swell's sleek bottle that comes in a range of Summer-friendly colors.
- iLuv iPhone 5 Armband ($30): In a sea of bulky bands, this one is modern, moisture-wicking, and even comes with reflective highlights to alert drivers when you're out for a Summer night run.
- Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil ($9): Now that you know the power of tea tree oil, stock up to heal weather-chafed skin after being active outdoors.
- Towelmate Towel ($25): A small-sized, germ-shielding towel will free your gym bag from bulk so you can go Summer socializing post workout.
- Nuun Hydration Tablets ($5, originally $7): Replace lost electrolytes after warm-weather workouts with flavored hydration tablets. All you have to do is dissolve them in 16 ounces of water.
- Yes to Cucumbers Cleansing Face Wipes ($8): How refreshing and soothing will these convenient face wipes feel after sweaty, outdoor yoga?
- Alba Botanica Bloom Terratints Tinted Lip Balm ($12): With just a few swipes, keep lips protected from the overhead sun and moisturized with a hint of color thanks to this SPF-15 balm.
- Lavanila "The Healthy Deodorant" ($14): A deodorant that promises to fight odor while soothing and conditioning the skin? Consider it your must-have Summer toiletry.
- Kiss My Face Natural Mineral Sunscreen ($17): Sunscreen is essential for the hot months, and even more so when you're spending hours outside exercising. A paraben-free, SPF-40 version will become your summertime best friend.
- Luna Fiber Blueberry Vanilla Bar ($24 for 12): Work a Summer fruit flavor into your post-workout snack with this blueberry-based bar that's equal parts healthy and tasty.
Nothing motivates me more to work out than a fully stocked gym bag waiting for me in the morning. Except, perhaps, a cute gym bag that's not only filled with gym essentials but also has all the compartments and room I need to transport my workout gear. If your friend is the same, gift her this holiday with a cute and functional gym bag. From sporty to fashionable to she'll-want-to-carry-this-everywhere, here are five gym bag picks to suit your friend's tastes!
Between work, school, and having a life, it can be hard to make it to the gym. This is especially true when you're being weighed down by a tote for every occasion. Drop the extra baggage and invest in one bag that can carry it all. These five stylish gym bag have lots of compartments to keep everything in place (including your yoga bag!), as well as a built-in padded laptop sleeve to keep your computer safe.
Whether you are a runner, dancer, or swimmer, you need a bag that you can depend on. If you need a pouch for your shoes, area for wet clothes, or something with comfy straps, no problem. Here are five cool bags that we've found that will store your items perfectly for your workout of choice. Let us know what's your favorite bag.
Considering my everyday handbag is large enough to carry more things than necessary, I was happy to receive the roomy Lululemon Hobo Bag ($118) for review. At 15 inches wide by 13.5 inches tall, this bag is made to fit everything you'll need before and after your workout, whether that's a sweaty Bikram class or a heart-pounding gym session.
After a few weeks of trucking the bag to and from work, the gym, and yoga class, I've gotten used to being able to lug around more gear than I probably should. For one, the Hobo bag holds its shape whether it's packed or empty, which makes it easy to fill when I'm getting my gear ready at night. A surprising number of pockets and compartments makes gym organization easy too — there are three interior mesh pockets, one zippered, for small items (most pockets have a label, like "before," "after", "keys," and, naturally, "chocolate"), not to mention a strap to hold your yoga mat (it will stick out of the unzipped top). On the outside there are two large zippered compartments that can fit your clothes, and two outside pockets for anything from a yoga towel to your phone; they also have toggle ties, which will keep your water bottle from spilling. With these organizational amenities it's no wonder the bag can fit everything I need; in addition to my shoes, sports bra, pants, cosmetics bag, and multiple workout shirts, I'm able to stuff my laptop in it as well.
Read on for more on my thoughts about the Hot Yoga Hobo.
I'm in the market for a new gym bag, and I'm loving the options that I've found. Now all I've got to do is narrow it down to type: do I need a bag that can fit just the basics, one that can go anywhere, or one that can carry work clothes, a laptop, and the rest? Check out these picks for bags for every type of gym-goer!