Meet Sara, the lucky winner who is about to embark on her I'm a Huge Fan journey to meet her role model and inspiration, Gwyneth Paltrow. After flying out from San Antonio, TX, Sara, who is a local store owner there, gets a peek inside Gwyneth's world. First stop is the new David Babai blow-dry bar inside the new Tracy Anderson Studio flagship location. Gwyneth talks to us about why she partnered with both David and Tracy on the new concept. Sara also gets to talk to Tracy about working with Gwyneth on everything she does. Watch I'm a Huge Fan: Gwyneth Paltrow episode one and see Iron Man 3 out in theaters today. The rest of IAHF: Gwyneth Paltrow is coming right up on POPSUGAR today, so don't miss it!
Nicole Richie and Sarah Jessica Parker launched their new digital series with AOL in NYC yesterday. Nicole was at the event to talk about her new show, Candidly Nicole, which is based on her Twitter feed. The first episode of Candidly Nicole has already been released through AOL On and revolves around Nicole trying to get her "tramp stamp" tattoo removed. She said during the video, "[The tattoo] just means a certain thing and I don't want to be a part of that group." Meanwhile, SJP will be going behind the camera for her new upcoming show, City.Ballet, which follows the drama behind the scenes at the New York City Ballet, and will premiere in September. The two stars were joined at the event by Tracy Anderson, who is also making her own show with Gwyneth Paltrow, titled Second Chances. The digital series will follow Tracy and Gwyneth as they interview women who have overcome various hardships.
Gwyneth Paltrow was not afraid to show some skin when she walked the red carpet for the premiere of Iron Man 3. The sheer dress gave viewers a peek at the star's backside, which Gwyneth credits to trainer Tracy Anderson. Tracy helped transform Gwyneth's self-described saggy and square-shaped butt into a lifted, rounded, and shapely backside. We learned three of Gwyneth's favorite butt-toning moves directly from her trainer — just in time to help you rock your skinny jeans. Add these exercises to your workout to feel the burn and see the lift!
Gwyneth Paltrow and Kim Kardashian joined up yesterday to celebrate the launch of celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson's new flagship studio in Brentwood. She wore a purple Victoria Beckham dress and Michael Kors shoes as she lent her support to her longtime friend. Gwyneth spoke with us at the event and shared one of her motivation secrets for getting into workout mode. She said, "I just sob and kick and scream and then just force myself to do it." Gwyneth isn't the only fan of Tracy's intense workouts — Kim has said that she is working out with Tracy throughout her pregnancy so she can stay active and healthy. Other stars like Molly Sims and Stacy Keibler also showed their support for Tracy and her famous fitness method at the launch.
If you want to win a chance to chat with Gwyneth in person, be sure to enter our I'm a Huge Fan: Gwyneth Paltrow contest for an opportunity to interview her in LA!
Gwyneth Paltrow teamed up with her friend, trainer Tracy Anderson, for the cover of the January 2013 issue of Redboook. Gwyneth talked about her surprising body issues, turning 40, and how Tracy's famous fitness method has changed her body — and sex life! The interview comes out just a few weeks after Gwyneth and her husband, Chris Martin, celebrated their ninth wedding anniversary, so Tracy's method must be doing something right. Here's more from Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson in Redbook:
- On her body issues: "With my daughter it had been easier, but [after my pregnancy with Moses], no matter what I did, I felt stuck. I couldn't shift the weight. But I met Tracy and she was this force from the second I met her. She pulled my pants off. I'll never forget it. She was like, 'Oh, my God, wow, I just am so surprised, because you look so good in clothes. I wasn't expecting this.'"
- On turning 40: "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I have the good fortune of knowing what they are. I can recognize my limitations, forgive myself, and celebrate the fact that I have made it to this important birthday with the information I need to keep making corrections."
- On how she celebrated turning 40: "The morning of my 40th birthday, my children and husband woke me up with hugs and gifts, and I proceeded to have the best week of my life. I feel really happy being 40, now that I'm on the other side of it. There was definitely some uncomfortable anticipation. But I'm amazed at what I've been able to accomplish, that I've maintained my important relationships and have such incredible women friends, that I have two funny, beautiful children who can give me a real life. In a way, I feel like no one should make big life decisions until 40. It's when it all starts to settle and become clear."
- On why she loves Tracy's method: "Because it did such wonders for my life, my confidence, my sex life, everything."
Gwyneth Paltrow stepped out in shades of white today for an event in NYC. It's been an exciting few weeks for Gwyneth, who turned 40 on Sept. 27. She's been spotted all over Europe in recent days celebrating the milestone with Chris Martin and their kids, Apple and Moses. They partied on vacation in Italy before Gwyneth hosted a star-studded bash in London on Wednesday with close friends like Hugh Grant, Stella McCartney, and Mario Testino. In addition to toasting her birthday, it's rumored Gwyneth is also in talks to produce a musical about '80s group The Go-Go's.
Gwyneth's back in the States for now to lend her support to a close pal, trainer Tracy Anderson. Tracy's credited for sculpting Gwyneth's famous frame — Tracy even created one-of-a-kind fitness routines Gwyneth could do while shooting on location or traveling on the road with Chris. Tracy recently gave birth to her second child and is now promoting a new series of workouts created for women who are expecting, appropriately titled The Pregnancy Project.
Fashion comes and goes, but every woman has her own sense of style, regardless of the trends. That's why I was struck by some comments I heard on the Today show this morning during a segment with Tracy Anderson and Molly Sims. The two women — who both have 4-month-old tots at home — appeared on the show to promote Anderson's new prenatal exercise video.
As you may recall, Anderson got herself into a bit of hot water last month when she suggested that many women use pregnancy as nine months to indulge, rather than take care of their bodies. On the show today she clarified that statement, and Sims talked about the pressure to look good right after having a baby. She said that her new "boho chic" style has received some press coverage but insinuated that it really is just a tactic for covering up the baby weight. Whether it was to hide the baby weight or to accommodate a new work situation, did your style change after pregnancy?
Celebs pay a lot of money to look their best, and that's especially true when they're prepping for a wedding. Here's five insider tips from some of Hollywood's biggest trainers on how to look paparazzi-perfect for your big day.
- Up your game: No matter what your fitness level, you can benefit from taking it up a notch, says trainer Shaun T, creator of the sweat-inducing and uber-popular DVD workout program Insanity. Even if you're a regular at the gym, you can still make small changes that will challenge your workouts. "If you're a person who works out at the gym, try to take [fewer] breaks," Shaun recommends. "If you're a weight lifter, while you're not doing weights, try to do some different cardio exercise in between to try to ramp up the calorie burn."
- Stand tall: Since you're going to be the center of attention on your big day, perfect posture is important. So important that celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak incorporates back and shoulder exercises into his celebrity brides' workouts. What does Harley, who trained Hilary Duff for her wedding, recommend brides-to-be do in order to walk down the aisle looking confident? Targeted exercises like dumbbell rows and tricep presses. Get the whole list of Harley's favorite back-strengthening and boob-lifting exercises here and you'll be a toned-and-tall vision in white when you walk down the aisle.
See more weight-loss tips from celeb trainers after the break!
It seems like Tracy Anderson has trained half of Hollywood, and one of her biggest fans, Nicole Richie, even enlisted her to help her get in shape for her 2010 wedding. "Nicole worked out six days a week, she learned dance aerobics, she did her muscular structure work, and she did it in such a healthy beautiful way," Tracy says of her client's devoted wedding prep. If you want to look like a starlet on your wedding day, here are a few tips Tracy Anderson shared with us for brides-to-be who want to get in shape.
First, start early: Don't wait until the last minute to try and lose weight and then expect miracles, Tracy warns. "The thing that is most unfortunate is when a bride comes to me and has never done anything before and is like 'Oh my god, I have to lose 30 pounds in a month,'" Tracy says. She recommends you figure out your diet and exercise plan as soon as you start looking for venue locations, at the beginning of your wedding planning, so you don't end up resorting to juice cleanses or feeding-tube diets to lose pounds weeks before your big day. (Tracy jokes, "If I were the husband-to-be, I can think of nothing less sexy than my fiance installing a feeding tube to look 120 pounds thinner on the wedding day. I'd probably call it off!")
It seems like dancing diva Tracy Anderson trains half of Hollywood these days, and she keeps these celebs fit and toned during their pregnancies, too. Tracy worked with Molly Sims while she was expecting, and now you can learn three of her signature moves designed to keep moms-to-be feeling and looking their best. These exercises focus on the backside, since as Tracy says, there's no reason your "butt can't look as good as possible, for as long as possible" when pregnant.
Do consult with your physician before starting any exercise regimen when pregnant.