Now that The Real Housewives of New York City is on break, star Kelly Bensimon has time to film her own reality videos. Leaving the housewives drama behind, Kelly opts for a fitness video instead, which she uploaded onto her YouTube account. In the video, Kelly demonstrates that her moves for a quick, fit workout are lunges, squats, and headstands. (This all came after a two-mile run with her dog, Chi.) Check out Kelly in action!
Critics are all up in arms about how Real Housewife of New York and health nut Bethenny Frankel lost her baby weight too quickly. In just three weeks, she dropped 29 of the 35 pounds she gained while growing a little bun in her oven. Her critics claim she didn't gain enough while pregnant and is setting up unrealistic expectations for fellow mommies-to-be.
Fellow Real Housewife of NY, Alex McCord, is defending Bethenny, telling Us Weekly,
"I have been through this. I have two children; I gained about 45 lbs. with my first and it was all gone within less than a month . . . There are some people who win the genetic lottery, and it melts off.
Whether it's genetics or a crazy amount of hard work, I am curious about the moms out there . . .
Like Buzz, I am a self-confessed Real Housewives of New York fan. I'm also on Team Bethenny, so I was excited to try out Bethenny Frankel's new fitness DVD, Body by Bethenny ($13), when it landed on my desk. Since Bethenny is more chef than fitness instructor, she enlists the help of Kristin McGee, the award-winning celebrity trainer who also shows up on 30 Rock from time to time. The two women take us through three different segments that can be done on their own or together. They are:
- Yoga (40 minutes): The yoga segment is the bread and butter of Bethenny's workout regimen. The star has long talked about her love of yoga — even practicing it on the Real Housewives of New York. Kristin leads all of the the workouts with Bethenny sometimes offering modifications, but mostly comic relief. Kristin starts out with a series of sun salutations and poses, moving on to poses that focus on strengthening the lower body and core. She then finishes up with more difficult moves including some inverted poses. For those of you who are not at an advanced level in your practice (like myself), Bethenny is great at suggesting modifications to the moves. I did think that some of the more difficult poses could have benefited from a better explanation by Kristin. By the end of the workout, my body felt open and my muscles felt worked (especially my abs, arms, and glutes!).
To hear my thoughts on the rest of the workout, including the cool bonus features, read more
February has come and gone, taking its entertainment hits and misses with it, but March looks even sunnier (and it's not just the promise of Spring). With so many highly anticipated movies, music, and TV, it was hard to narrow it down to just a few, but here they are — my must haves for the new month.
- Bravo's Real Housewives of NYC has been renewed — but it may be recast with new housewives. — The Hollywood Reporter
- Tobey Maguire and Elizabeth Banks are set to star in the indie black comedy The Details. — ComingSoon
- It's estimated that a billion people worldwide watched Michael Jackson's memorial service. — LA Times
- Peter Krause has joined Mary-Kate Olsen and Vanessa Hudgens in Beastly, the CBS Films adaptation of the Alex Flinn fantasy novel. — Variety
- Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor announced today that the band will play a final "handful of shows" in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles beginning Aug. 22. — Billboard
- G4 technology show host Olivia Munn will guest-star on Greek as a love interest for a main character. — Variety
- Now apparently Ryan Phillippe and Val Kilmer are in negotiations to join the Will Forte and Kristen Wiig in the full-length MacGruber movie. — Reuters
- Comedy Central has won the rights to syndicate 30 Rock. — The Futon Critic
Photo courtesy of Bravo
Wrinkles are a fact of getting older, but there are several actions we can take to slow down the signs of aging. Living a healthy lifestyle, avoiding cigarettes, and wearing sunscreen will prevent you from aging prematurely, and standing on your head could also help keep your skin looking fresh.
Hear me out. Yoga poses that involve positioning your feet over your head, known as inversions, allow blood to flow to your head and improve circulation. Performing inversions can help relieve headaches and depression, increase upper-body strength, and also naturally reduce your wrinkles if practiced regularly. Don't just take it from me; here's what Countess LuAnn de Lesseps (of The Real Housewives of New York) said about her skincare regimen.
I do a yoga headstand every morning. I don't do Botox. Headstands are great for getting the circulation going and giving tone to your muscles in the face.
Did you happen to see the two-part Real Housewives of New York City reunion series this past week? In case you missed it, let's just say it was filled with more arguing and catfights than the entire season put together. Aside from the usual blog talk (Ramona vowed to never blog again after the ladies questioned her on her "choice of words"), there was some additional geekery — right at the end when reunion host Andy Cohen mentioned LOL. Now if you can remember, Kyra Sedgwick admitted to the improper use of LOL, but I can't decide if Kelly is just trying to be funny or if she really didn't know what he meant! See for yourself below.
In this week's episode of The Real Housewives of New York City — one of my all time favorite reality shows — Bethenny paid a visit to her favorite hairstylist, Francky L'Official, and was shocked to find out that he Googled her! Thankfully Bethenny, along with the rest of her Real Housewives costars are fairly tech savvy, so she rushed him to the computer to show her what he saw. I decided to turn the tables on Mr. Sexy Frenchman Francky and came across his pimped out MySpace page. Since most of you said you search online to find out info about your dates, I think it's safe to say all this is "normal" behavior!
My new favorite train wreck reality show is The Real Housewives of NYC. I can't even call it a guilty pleasure because anyone who watches this show is hooked because it's relentlessly entertaining (and often, a little horrifying). The ladies of the Big Apple spend, spend, spend, spend — on cars, clothes, jewels, and electronics, which to me is a totally worthy investment. Click the slideshow to see the gadget sideshow!
Photos courtesy of Bravo