A little extra motivation never hurt, so why not wear it on your arm? These bags are big enough to hold all your workout gear and wise enough to keep you going. Whether you need motivation to enjoy the ride or just to make it to the gym, these inspirational totes have got you covered!
It's time to redefine any and every idea of sweatpants. No longer sloppy, workout wear has taken a significant turn for the better. Stylish enough for both work and workout, we found pieces that do double duty. Whether you're looking for new yoga pants or a top for date night, we found the pieces and ways to wear them both in and out of the gym.
This month is all about comfort — cozy running jackets, leggings that go from day to gym, and foods that warm our bodies and minds. But before the crisp Fall weather lures us to the comfort of our couches, we're redecorating with a throw pillow that tells us where we should go instead. Read on for our healthy must haves for October!
Let's face it: one of the best things about yoga class is the wardrobe. Comfortable, cozy, and casually put together, nothing beats the effortless style of a true yogi. With the weather starting to cool, a wrap is a fitting addition that will keep you warm all season long. It's perfect for layering after class, and you'll be able to go from breaking a sweat to running your errands in style. While it's impossible to choose just one, we've listed some of our favorites below!
What's a vampire to do when she makes an appearance in the day? Work out, of course! Movie roles aside, we're huge fans of Ashley Greene's belief in staying active and "feeding your body what it needs." For a recent workout in the Hollywood Hills, Ashely brightened up her black leggings with a neon top and accessories to match. For style like Ashley's at your next gym session, learn how to get the look below.
- Carole Headbands ($8): Practical yet stylish, these colorful headbands will hold your hair back without slipping.
- Hurley Neon Tank ($20, originally $27): Similar to the one Ashley is wearing, a neon tee brightens up black leggings.
- C9 by Champion Seamless Sports Bra ($17): Complementing the colors in her neon top, a bright blue sports bra is the way to go.
- Jockey Sport Capri Leggings ($20, originally $25): Let's get real; black leggings are a wardrobe staple and go with just about anything.
- New Balance '1340' Running Shoe ($135): A durable shoe with breathable mesh, this option is great for long runs.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and to show our support for the cause, we've rounded up 10 of our favorite pink-ribbon fitness products. Help bring awareness to breast cancer by sporting one of these items during your next workout. It's not just about being pretty in pink, either — a percentage of the proceeds from each of these items will help fund breast-cancer-related research, support, and education.
Just because you train like a beast in the gym doesn't mean you have to dress like the guys. If you've got a girlie side, then these pieces are just for you. With lace detailing, ruffles, even glitter, these 10 feminine work pieces look delicate but pack a punch when it comes to performance.
Pricey workout gear is definitely worth the splurge if you want your clothes to last a few years and also want to avoid indecent exposure from cheap, thin fabric. But sometimes it's tough to justify dropping over $100 on a simple pair of capris, especially if you know you won't be this size forever. If you'd rather spend your dough on yoga classes, sessions with a personal trainer, or running sneaks that keep your knees happy, check out these less-expensive fitness clothes that won't make a huge dent in your wallet.
The colors of Fall aren't only for the trees. These subtly multicolored space-dyed tops, bras, and leggings help brighten up your outfit without feeling like you're in the spotlight. Check out some of our favorite space-dyed workout gear to add to your wardrobe this season!
When running in a race, how you look should be the last of your concerns, but it's a popular topic among many runners. After too many bad photos taken of them on the course and at the finish line, precautions are sometimes made. We can't all look like "ridiculously photogenic guy," after all! Hoping for that perfect race-day shot to share with friends and family? These products will help boost your beauty on the day of the race without getting in the way of what really matters — namely, the running.
- Clif Shot Gel ($2): Avoid looking like a zombie — and perform your best — by maintaining energy levels. Clif Shot Gels quickly deliver the essential carbs (and, in some cases, caffeine) you need to fight fatigue all race long.
- BADgal Waterproof Mascara ($19): Whether it's mascara or eyeliner, more and more runners are focusing on their eyes come race day. Benefit's BADgal Waterproof Mascara stays in place during the rainiest of runs.
- Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup ($13): Even the authors of Run Like a Mother admit to using tinted moisturizer or bronzer on their legs to ensure gams look great in race photos. Sally Hansen's Legs Lotion is lightly tinted to cover imperfections and even out skin tone, but it stays in place thanks to its water-resistant formula.
- Sunforgettable SPF 30 Mineral Brush ($52): Prized by dermatologists and estheticians, the Colorescience Mineral Sunscreen Brush provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection, is water resistant, and gives skin just enough coverage for the perfect beauty shot.
- Oakley Obessed Sunglasses ($130): Sunglasses do double duty by protecting the eyes from harmful UVA/UVB rays and also bringing instant chic to any outfit. We love Oakley's line of active sunglasses for giving us what we need from a pair of sport-specific sunglasses but still managing to look stylish enough for the street.
- Asics Cadet Cap ($25): Take windblown hair out of the equation by sporting a cute sports cap. The Asics cadet cap not only looks good, but it's also light, moisture wicking, and has mesh panels to keep you cool during the race.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($23): A marathon is probably not the best time to experiment with a matte lipstick, but a little color can't hurt. Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment contains SPF 15 and is essentially a lightly tinted moisturizing lip balm. Think of it as fancy Chapstick.