Taking on the dairy-free challenge this week? If you're worried about where you'll get your protein if you're used to snacking on Greek yogurt and cheese sticks, here's a dairy-free noshable that'll offer almost 13 grams of protein per 166-calorie bar. They're totally vegan, made with just five ingredients (plus salt and cinnamon for flavor), and you can whip them up in less than 20 minutes.
These satisfyingly chewy bars are the perfect snack before or after a workout, but they taste so sweet and cookie-like, your tastebuds will easily call them dessert. I'm surprised there were any left to photograph — it's amazing how crazy-good these are! If you're not a fan of chocolate, just leave out the drizzle, and you'll save 19 calories per bar.
1 cup raw almonds
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
5 ounces plant-based vanilla protein powder (I like Garden of Life Raw or SunWarrior)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Prepare an 8 x 8-inch square pan by lining with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the almonds, chop, and set aside for the topping.
- In a food processor, pour in the remaining 3/4 cup of almonds and the salt. Process until you have almond butter, several minutes.
- Add the oats, protein powder, and maple syrup, and process until smooth.
- Press mixture into the pan using the back of a spoon. Top with chopped almonds, pressing those into the bars.
- Place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl, and microwave until melted. Drizzle chocolate over the bars, and allow to set in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store uneaten bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Snacks, Other
- 12 bars
- Cook Time
- 20 min
- Calories per serving