Sperm, as teeny weeny as they are, can affect us in a HUGE way. There are about 200-500 million of those little guys in the average amount of semen produced each time a man ejaculates.
- Sperm are produced in the (Ladies, we've got to arm ourselves with knowledge so we can overcome the mighty sperm)
man's testes - it takes 10 weeks for a single soldier to reach maturity.
- Mature sperm can wait up to 2 weeks for their big day - they hang out in the epididymis - the coil like structure that runs across the top of each testicle.
- If they are not ejaculated, those poor little sperms are broken down and reabsorbed by the body.
What to learn some more facts, like how long sperm can survive in a woman's body? Then read more
- Semen only contains about 10% sperm - the rest consists of enzymes, vitamin C, calcium, protein, sodium, zinc, citric acid and fructose sugar.
- What men eat can affect the taste of their sperm. Red meat, dairy products, onions, garlic, and coffee may not go down as well as foods containing natural sugars, such as fruits.
- Healthy males produce about 70-150 million sperm a day - but when they ejaculate, they lose 3 times that - that's why they seem so wiped out after sex.
- When inside a woman's body, a sperm can live up to
- There are male and female sperm - the females are slower, but stronger, while the males are faster, but weaker.