From Health magazine
Recipe For Edamame and Pear Crostinis
16 ounce bag of frozen shelled edamame
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped mint
1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 Bartlett pear, diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Boil the edamame in salted water for 10 minutes. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and place in ice water for a couple minutes to cool; then drain.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the whole edamame and place the remaining edamame a food processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed edamame with the whole edamame, three tablespoons olive oil, chopped mint, Romano cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Thinly slice the baguette, brush each piece lightly using one tablespoon olive oil. Bake for eight minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top each crostini with one tablespoon of the edamame mixture, garnish with chopped pears and enjoy.