Cranberry sauce is a quintessential part of a Thanksgiving feast, so don't treat it like a congealed, canned afterthought. Homemade cranberry sauce is so easy to make — not to mention healthier than its store-bought jellied counterpart. Our orange cranberry sauce marries classic Fall flavors; for a slightly different variation, try this cranberry pomegranate sauce recipe.
Read on for the orange cranberry sauce recipe.
From Leta Shy, FitSugar
Orange Cranberry Sauce
2 12-ounce packages or 3 cups fresh cranberries
Juice from 1/2 orange
Orange rind from 1/2 orange
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
- Wash and rinse cranberries, discarding any stems or rotten berries.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add sugar, orange juice, water, vanilla, and salt.
- Add cranberries and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add orange rind. Stir a few times and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Discard orange rind and refrigerate before serving.
Makes about 10 three-ounce servings.