If the weather outside isn't cooperating with your idea to go for a run, hike, or bike ride, then you can still get in a good workout indoors. Believe it or not, you have something in your home that's just as good as a treadmill and weight room — the stairs. Crank up your favorite workout playlist and keep an eye on the clock, repeating this six-minute circuit five times through:
- One minute of running up and down the stairs
- One minute of triceps dips, resting your hands on the second or third step
- One minute of forward lunges, alternating between stepping the right foot on the first step, and then the left; make it harder by doing bicep curls with a set of dumbbells
- One minute of double leg jumps, starting on the floor, jumping both feet onto the first step, and then jumping back to the floor
- One minute of push-ups, elevating your feet on the first, second, or third step; if this is too difficult, then elevate your hands instead
- One minute of side squats, elevating your right foot on the first step for 30 seconds, then repeating on the left side for 30 seconds; make it more challenging by doing overhead shoulder presses with a set of dumbbells
Repeat this six-minute circuit four more times for a 30-minute workout.