We all know that the best way to a flat belly is by burning calories and fat through cardio, especially interval training. Bloating, on the other hand, is its own beast, and you can't feel like you're rocking your skinny jeans if you're superbloated.
Luckily, there are easy ways to reduce bloating so that you can show off that tummy you've been working so hard to get. Check out these easy ways reduce bloating.
- Stay away from salt. Not only is too much sodium bad for your heart, but also, it will cause you to retain water and feel bloated.
- Drink water. Being dehydrated is a sure way to cause you to retain water, so be sure you drink enough water to keep your body hydrated.
- Limit gassy foods. Some foods (such as beans, broccoli, pears, and carbonated drinks) create more gases in your body than others, so limit these.
- Eat fiber. Fiber helps everything move through the intestines more quickly, which prevents constipation and bloating. If you're not accustomed to eating enough fiber, then slowly add more and more fiber to your diet — go too fast, and you'll feel even more bloated than before.
- Eat more slowly. One small cause of bloating could be that you're swallowing too much air when you're scarfing down your meals; this is why some of us get the hiccups when eating too quickly. Slow down when you eat, and really chew your food.
- Get tropical. Eating pineapple can ease bloating too. This tropical fruit is high in the enzyme bromelain, which helps break down protein and eases digestion, helping to banish the bloat. Here's a bloat-fighting smoothie recipe to try that's made with pineapple.