- Desserts, Cake
6 ounces 70-percent dark chocolate
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 overripe bananas
1/4 cup roasted sweet potato
1/4 cup honey
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 8 (4-ounce) ramekins or custard cups on a large baking sheet. Spray each with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine chocolate, orange zest, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl over hot boiling water. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Puree bananas, sweet potato, and honey until smooth.
- Remove the melted chocolate from heat and fold it over banana puree and egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until a soft peak.
- Slowly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon mix into ramekins, filling them almost to the top.
- Bake for approximately 6 to 7 minutes, remove, and serve. The center of each cake should be soft and warm. Garnish with extra orange zest if you like.