1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
1-1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/4 cup chili powder
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon chicken stock
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon salt
2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained
To garnish: (optional)
Light sour cream
Shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, heat canola oil over high heat. Add onion, pepper, jalapeños, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the onion is tender (about five minutes.)
- Add chicken — cook, stirring to break up lumps until the chicken loses its pink color (about five minutes). Stir in chili powder, and cook one minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, sugar, vinegar, hot sauce, and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring often until the chili is thickened (about 45 minutes.)
- Stir in beans, cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. Uncover for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Top with garnish of your choice, and enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- North American