It's that time of year again, when we "fall back," and turn our clocks back one hour. I love adding 60 minutes to my Sunday, so make the most of it — don't just go about your day as usual. My advice is to wake up in the morning when you normally would and spend your freebie hour working out. Gone is your excuse about not having enough time to exercise. Check out how many calories you'll burn sweating it out for an hour.
- Cardio kickboxing class: 597 calories*
- Cycling at a moderate pace (14 to 15.9 mph): 540 calories
- Elliptical: 486 calories
- Hiking: 387 calories
- Mowing the lawn: 243 calories
- Raking leaves: 216 calories
- Pilates: 144 calories
- Running at a 10-minute-per-mile pace (6 mph): 540 calories
- Soccer: 378 calories
- Spin class: 413 calories
- Strength training (vigorous): 359 calories
- Swimming: 594 calories
- Walking at a 15-minute-per-mile pace (4 mph): 243 calories
- Yoga class (fast-paced): 403 calories
Don't forget to change your clocks before you go to bed tonight. Daylight saving time officially ends at 2 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 6, 2011. Enjoy your hour!
*All calculations are based on a 130-pound woman.