For really targeting your tush, an exercise ball can be a big help. If you're over your standard routine of squats and lunges, you're sure to find a favorite in the following three moves.
Lying Hamstring Curl
If working out your backside and your hamstrings at the same time sounds up your alley, it's time to try out this easy-to-follow lying hamstring curl.
- Start by lying flat on your back with an exercise ball under your heels. Bridge your hips up and hold that position through the entire exercise.
- Flex your feet and dig your heels into the ball. Place your arms straight out to your side for support — don't use them, though; they are just for support.
- Slowly roll the ball toward your body as you curl your heels. Keep your hips in the bridge position; don't thrust them toward the ceiling as you do the move.
- Then slowly return to the start position (straight legs, hips bridged) to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 10-15.
Superman Booty Lifts
For a challenging variation on your standard Superman, the power of this Superman booty lift is all worth the extra effort.
- Lie on your belly and hold an exercise ball between your feet. Engage your abs and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- As you inhale, squeeze the ball and lift your knees, arms, and chest off the floor. Hold for a count of 10 and then slowly release your body back to the floor.
- Repeat for a total of 10 lifts.
Keep reading for one more lift that will tighten up your bottom.
Plank Booty Leg Lifts
Done with squats? These plank booty leg lifts are an awesome alternative for working out your tush and the back of your thighs at the same time.
- Lie on your belly on an exercise ball and walk your hands out so the ball is underneath your shins. Your hands should be underneath your shoulders.
- Draw your navel toward your spine to engage your abs, which will help keep your spine straight and your body stabilized.
- Lift your right leg up into the air, then slowly lower it back toward the ball, but don't let it touch. This counts as one repetition. Keep your pelvis level throughout your reps.
- Complete three sets of 10 to 12 reps with the right leg, and then repeat with the left.
Which of these looks the most up your alley? Tell me below!