Fun, lively, and motivating, we dig celebrity trainer Lacey Stone's "strong-is-the-new-sexy" brand of fitness. Lacy's made appearances on The Dr. Oz Show and The Today Show and has worked with high-profile clients like Nicole Kidman, Brooke Shields, and Amanda Seyfried. I recently chatted with Lacey about the top items on her holiday wish list and what she'll be giving friends and family.
There's no shame in saying it: this year was all about the butt. Whether you wanted a toned tush for bikini or skinny-jean season, we brought you the workouts to help you achieve that showstopping derriere. It doesn't matter how little time you have to spare — these six videos are all about booty-lifting results.
If there's a runner in your life, there's an easy way to spoil her this holiday: with a new, state-of-the-art GPS running watch. She'll love any of these options, which track running stats like calories, distance, pace, and then some. Here are eight GPS running watching she'll flip over.
Clockwise from top left:
- Adidas Smart Run ($400): The new Smart Run watch tracks your distance, steps, and calories, as well as your heart rate (from your wrist), and features a touchscreen that is customizable so you can see the stats you want. The Smart Run also streams music and audible coaching tips to Bluetooth-enabled headphones. The watch features strength-training animations that play right on your wrist so you can follow along anywhere. Stats sync wirelessly so you can view them on your computer. Available Nov. 1.
- New Balance GPS Runner ($100): Perfect for the runner who needs a solid, simple GPS watch, the New Balance GPS runner features lap and interval functionality and tracks your calories burned, distance, pace, average pace, speed, and average speed.
- Suunto Ambit 2 S ($320, originally $400): The Suunto Ambit 2 S is for the all-around athlete in your life. The big, clear screen is a cinch to see in many different conditions, and the watch includes detailed tracking for running, swimming, and cycling. If your friend is a hiker, she'll love the navigation features, where she can plan routes, find coordinates, and track her way back to her starting point. You can download more apps to customize what sports data the Suunto collects.
Nike+ Sportswatch GPS ($169): For the runner who wants a simple watch with a little style, the Nike+ Sportswatch uses TomTom technology for accurate GPS tracking; it also tracks your speed, distance, pace, and calories, all of which you can see on your Nike+ online account once you connect your watch (it slips right into your computer's USB port without the need for cables). A Nike+ sensor that fits in certain Nike+ shoes (or your pocket) helps ensure accuracy even if you are running indoors. The watch also stores your last 50 runs and lets you know whenever you hit a personal best.
- Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 GPS ($225): For the triathlete in your life, the Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 features a large screen with easy-to-read data. It tracks your distance, pace, and speed; connect it to your computer to view graphs, maps, and charts of your workouts. Vibrations tell you when you've hit a certain pace or remind you to drink water. The Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 syncs with training plans like MapMyRun for easy data collection.
- Polar RC3 GPS ($350): The Polar RC3 GPS includes a heart rate sensor for accurate calorie and heart rate measurements. The GPS sensor tracks both distance and altitude so you or your friend can see just how strenuous that run really was. Connect to a USB port on your computer in order to see and share all your stats.
- Garmin Forerunner 620 ($400): A clean, simple touchscreen interface means your runner friend will love the new Garmin Forerunner 620. Other features, like measuring your heart rate and VO2 max, as well as calculating how long your recovery should be in between workouts and analyzing your running form and offering suggestions, makes this more than just a GPS-tracking watch. Available Nov. 1.
- TomTom GPS Sport Watch ($170): The perfect entry watch, the TomTom Runner GPS Watch tracks everything you expect and features a large interface and one-button control. Vibrations alert you when you've hit a milestone. Track your stats after uploading data to an online account; it also syncs with apps like MapMyFitness. You can also easily swap out the strap with another color or style.
Celeb trainer Holly Perkins knows how to get you slim, sexy, and strong. And she know how to fit a lot of fitness into 10 minutes! Grab a set of dumbbells, press play, and get ready to an efficient and fun full-body workout.
No one wants to waste time at the gym, so to make your strength-training workouts more effective, you've got to keep your muscles guessing. Not only is it important to work your muscles in a different order, you also need to mix up the types of exercises you do. While push-ups and squats are great go-to moves because they target the upper and lower body beautifully, there are other ways to work those areas. Try variations of your favorite moves, or try new moves altogether, and you'll end up toning your muscles in different ways that will make your body stronger, your muscles more sculpted, and will also help prevent the dreaded plateau.
If you've been doing the same strength-training workout forever, here are some new ideas. Choose an entirely different routine to do each time you hit the gym, or pick a new exercise to add to your existing routine.
- Total Body: 10-Minute Total-Body Toner
- Arms: Best Arm Exercises For Women
- Legs: 5 Moves to Tone Your Legs and Butt
- Inner Thighs: 5 Moves to Tone Your Inner Thighs
- Abs: All-Abs Workout
- Tush and Legs: 10-Minute Skinny Jeans Workout
- Shoulders and Upper Back: 10-Minute Arm and Shoulder Workout
- Tush: 10-Minute Tush-Toning Pilates Workout
- Thighs and Butt: Squat Variations
- Abs: Quick, 3-Minute Ab Routine
- Total Body: Full-Body Circuit Workout With Weights
- Upper Body and Core: Playful Plank Variations
- Legs: 5-Minute Leg Workout
- Total Body: Prop-Free 10-Minute HIIT Workout
- Back: 5-Minute Back Workout
- Finish Up: 6 Essential Post-Workout Stretches
Getting through our workouts is usually pretty uneventful, but every once in a while, something truly cringe-worthy happens that makes us wish we exercised solo. Click through to read about the top most embarrassing things that can happen while exercising and share whether or not these have happened to you.
- "Timber" — Pitbull, Ke$ha
- "Roar" — Katy Perry
- "Safe and Sound" — Capital Cities
- "Blurred Lines" — Robin Thicke, T.I., Pharrell
- "Pompeii" — Bastille
- "Work B**ch" — Britney Spears
- "Demons (Remix)" — Imagine Dragons
- "Best Song Ever" — One Direction
- "The Monster" — Eminem, Rihanna
- "White Noise" — Disclosure, AlunaGeorge
- "Don't Save Me" — Haim
- "Get Lucky" — Daft Punk, Pharrell
- "Slow Down" — Selena Gomez
- "Under Control" — Calvin Harris, Alesso, Hurts
- "Wake Me Up" — Avicii
- "Mirrors" — Justin Timberlake
- "Burn" — Ellie Goulding
- "Wild" — Jessie J, Big Sean
- "Applause" — Lady Gaga
- "Can't Hold Us" — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- "I Love It" — Icona Pop
- "We Can't Stop" — Miley Cyrus
If this mix isn't your style, then check out all our workout playlists here to find something that suits your needs and taste.
Remember: you will need to download the free Spotify software or the app to listen to our playlists.
Do you have a fashionable friend who always carefully plans out her gym outfits? Then look no further than this gift guide. We've found a few cute, luxe items made for sweating it out (or for throwing on afterward). Cute gym clothes, bags, accessories — it's all here. Read on for 10 gift ideas for your fashionable fitness friend!