Before you jump into a full Wheel Pose or any sort of crazy backbend, you need to build a solid foundation, and Half Wheel is the perfect inversion for beginners. It stretches out a tight torso and has a surprisingly calming effect on your whole body.
- From Butterfly Pose, come to lie on your back.
- Bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the floor. Walk your heels as close as you can to your tush, and turn your heels out slightly so the outside edges of your feet are parallel with the outside edges of your mat.
- Lift your hips up, and place your hands on either side of your lower back. Rock your weight from side to side so you can pull your shoulder blades closer together.
- Stay here for five deep breaths, actively pressing your feet into the floor to lift your hips up and increase the stretch in your torso and neck.
- Gently lower your bum back to the ground, and hug your knees into your chest.
- Work your way back to Down Dog, and repeat this sequence on your left side.
Source: Louisa Larson Photography
Read More Yoga SequencesBeginner Fitness TipsWorkoutsYoga
What’s Your Reaction?