Nosy noses don't always know what's safe and, while even most of my nondog owning pals know the risks of chocolate, not everyone realizes the dangers of chewing gum. While this can lodge in a pet's throat (especially if ingested paper, packaging and all), those sugar-free products are pure poison to pets.
The not-so-sweet alternative known as xylitol can cause liver failure and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), which can lead to depression, loss of coordination, and even seizures in your furry friends. TeamSugar member hanako66 shared a scary story of what happened when she fell asleep on the couch and her pups were able to knock down her purse and spill the contents. Hear the tale from her mouth when you read more