The hectic holidays have fully arrived, so to help us get through the month happy, healthy, and full of energy, we're starting our mornings with a warm bowl of gluten-free goodness, heading out for a stress-relieving workout with waterproof gear, and throwing on a moto sweatshirt jacket that pairs just as well with our yoga outfits as it does with our holiday dresses. After another successful busy day, we're reaching for the comfiest leggings and unwrapping an organic chocolate truffle (or two!) to celebrate. Read on for what we're loving this December!
Do you have a fashionable friend who always carefully plans out her gym outfits? Then look no further than this gift guide. We've found a few cute, luxe items made for sweating it out (or for throwing on afterward). Cute gym clothes, bags, accessories — it's all here. Read on for 10 gift ideas for your fashionable fitness friend!
You admire your friend's dedication to her gym routine, but her throw-everything-in-a-plastic-bag habit needs some work. Help her stay on the right track by gifting her a durable, cute, and functional gym bag that makes her look forward to her sweat session even more. Here are 10 of our favorite gym bags just in time for the holiday season.
If you've got a boyfriend, husband, dad, or male friend who loves being active, then we've got the gift guide for you. From basics that will expand his workout wardrobe to gadgets that will make his next fitness adventure that much more fun, here are a few gift ideas for the active man in your life!
Going from home to work to gym can require a lot of forethought: you need an easy-off work outfit, a whole gym look, and a well-stocked bag to take you from day to night seamlessly. Don't make having an empty gym bag be the reason why you skipped a workout today — read our tips for making your gym bag routine work for you.
- Always pack the night before: You don't want to have to scramble to find a pair of socks when you're already running late in the morning. Make a habit of repacking your bag every night before you go to bed; you'll be grateful the next morning when you have one less thing to deal with. Don't forget to fill your water bottle and keep it in the fridge to grab right before you head out as well.
- Wipes are your best friend: Whether it's wiping off pore-clogging makeup before Zumba or giving yourself a quick refresh when you realize you're late for a meeting, having a stash of face or body wipes will help you get where you need to be in a flash. We like the cooling, affordable Yes to Cucumbers face wipes ($8).
- And the extras: It always helps to keep a few extra items in your gym bag for those days when you realize you forgot something essential. Hair ties, band-aids, and a few nonperishable snacks are just a few extras that should find a home in your gym bag. Here are some more items to pack.
- Keep it separate: Wet swimsuits, just-used shower shoes, and sweaty workout clothes can breed bacteria. Keep a plastic or resusable wet bag in your gym bag — or designate an entire compartment for these items only — so you can keep damp clothes contained.
- Clean it out: For similar germ-related reasons, make sure you give your gym bag a regular clean out. Take some time every weekend to throw away any old tissues or half-eaten snacks that have made their way into your bag, clean those shower shoes, and wipe down or wash the bag itself in order to prevent germs from festering.
This month, we're slipping on our lightweight dancing shoes, throwing a stainless steel lunch box and self-filtering water bottle in our bags, and heading out the door. What's giving us all the energy to stay on the go this holiday season? A clean-eating Paleo diet, of course. Read on for our healthy must haves for November!
You can't help but breathe in inspiration while flowing through yoga poses, and now you can carry that blissful feeling around with you. Take a look at these yoga-inspired items for your practice, your home, and your life.
For Your Practice
For Your Home
Recycled Breathe Doormat ($30, originally $36)
Yoga and Kale Pillow Set ($44)
Namaste Yoga Quote Typography Art Print ($15)
Modern Poster Print — "The Tree That Bends . . ." ($14)
Vinyl Wall Decal Sticker Yoga Silhouette ($30)
Vinyl Wall Decal Sticker Namaste ($29)
For Your Sustenance
For Your Phone
If you run outside for more than a few miles, handheld running water bottles are a great solution to ensure you stay hydrated. Their molded shape and adjustable straps ensure that you won't have to concentrate on holding on, and their compact size make it a breeze to carry your H2O along on a run. Check out some of our favorite handheld options and let us know what you think of them!
We love Julianne Hough for more than her rockin' bod and fit philosophy; she's got great style, too. Always looking effortlessly put-together heading to the gym or to her Tracy Anderson Method sessions, her dancer's style is one to mimic. For a recent workout, she took basic black leggings and gave them an updated take with a trending crop top and a pop of yellow. Complete with shades, she could be off to anywhere (except maybe Ryan Seacrest's house). Learn how to get those abs here, and steal her style below — we're obsessed!
- C9 by Champion Compression Cami Sports Bra ($15): If all black pieces make up the majority of your gym wardrobe, use a bright sports bra to add a touch of color.
- Helmut Helmut Lang Crop Top ($90): What better way to stay cool and flaunt your hard work in the gym than with a crop top?
- Prana Prism Capris ($70): Black leggings are a wardrobe staple and go well with just about anything.
- Mizuno Wave Evo Ferus Shoes ($110): Nothing beats colorful training shoes, especially when they have a pop of neon!
- Ray-Ban Aviators ($155): For a chic postcardio look, cover up with a pair of classic aviators, and be on your way!