Supersets are an effective way to save time at the gym; they build strength and keep the heart pumping to burn maximum calories. When pressed for time at the gym, don't skimp on your sweat session. Do this full-body workout featuring supersets from Equinox trainer Lauren Fairbanks. It's so efficient you'll have more time for your post-workout sauna.After warming up with five minutes of cardio and some dynamic stretching (here are five moves perfect for an active warmup), do each superset three times before progressing to the next. Rest for one minute between supersets.
Weighted reverse lunges: 15 reps per leg, 12.5-pound dumbbells
- Start standing with weights in each hand and right foot at left knee.
- Step back with your right foot into a full lunge, with both knees at 90 degrees.
- Return to starting position, trying not to touch the ground with your right foot.
- Works glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Side to center arm raises: 10 reps, five-pound dumbbells
- Stand with weights at your sides.
- Keeping a slight bend in the elbows, raise your arms out to the side at shoulder height.
- Keeping your arms parallel to the floor, bring your arms forward so the weights touch; maintain this position as you lower the weights to your legs.
- Raise your arms in front of you with the weights still touching. Maintain the height of your arms as you open to the side. Lower your arms down. This completes one rep.
- Works deltoids.