Try this thigh-sculpting move in the comfort of your own home, and see it work some magic on your gams. This barre-optional exercise from Pure Barre helps shape the body without the need for any equipment. Try it tonight!
The SetupIf you don't have a barre in your home, find a doorway you can stand in easily.
- Stand straight with your heels together and toes slightly apart to form a V shape. Bend your knees and place your palms against either side of the doorway for balance.
- Picture the barre behind your lower back, which will help remind you to tuck your pelvis under and pull your abdominals in.
- Extend the right leg straight out in front of you, with pointed toes.
- Take two counts to lift the right leg up until the foot reaches hip height, then lower it back down for two counts. Repeat five times.
- On the last leg lift, keep your right leg up. Try to hold your leg in the highest position you can.
- Bend your right knee, and then lengthen it back to straight. Do this 10-15 times.
- Remember to keep your left knee bent to help stabilize your body.
See the rest of the variations and cooldown after the break!