Whether sporting leggings with sneaks or leggings with leather boots, here's a 14-pose yoga sequence to make your tight pants proud. This workout is all about the thighs, hips, and booty. Hop on your mat, and work through this sequence on the right side, and then repeat on the left.
1. Wide Squat
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips. Bend your knees and lower your hips toward the ground.
- Bring your palms together at your heart center, and firmly press your elbows against the inside of your knees, helping to open the hips even further.
- Shift weight into the heels, lengthening the crown of the head up toward the ceiling, holding for five deep breaths.
2. Extended Wide Squat
- Release your hands to the floor, walking them away from you as you press your belly toward the floor.
- Relax your head, staying here for five breaths.
3. Half Bound Wide Squat
- Walk your hands back to the feet, and lower your right shoulder in front of your right knee. Wrap your armpit around the knee as you reach your right forearm around your lower back with your palm facing away.
- Reach your left arm toward the ceiling, bend your elbow, and bring the back of your left hand to your lower back.
- Touch your fingers together if you can and if they're close enough, hold your left wrist with your right hand, with the left palm facing behind you.
- Hold for five deep breaths, gazing over the left shoulder.
4. Balancing Bound Wide Squat
- Bring your gaze forward, and rock your weight from side to side to gain enough momentum to rise up while holding your knee in the bound position. Rock right, left, right, and as you rock left, push into the left foot to straighten the leg and rise to stand. If you lose hold of your right leg, wrap your right arm around it again once you feel stable. If this is too difficult, just clasp both hands around your right knee.
- Gaze over the left shoulder for five breaths.
- WIth your arms holding the bind around your right knee, slowly hinge at the hips, folding forward as far as you can. If this is too difficult, release your hands to the floor, keeping the knee bent.
- Hold still, breathing for five breaths.