Skin is in this spring, so before you sport your cute shorts, do a few of these leg toning walking forward lunges.
Here's how to do it:
- Stand upright, feet together, holding two light (5-8 pound) dumbbells at your sides (palms facing in).
- Take a controlled step forward with your left leg.
- Lower hips toward the floor and bend both knees (almost at 90 degree angles). The back knee should come close but never touch the ground. Your front knee should be directly over the ankle and the back knee should be pointing down toward the floor.
- Push off the with your right foot and bring it forward to starting position (#1). This completes one rep.
- Next step forward and repeat with the right leg.
- Do 2 sets of 15 reps.
Muscles worked: Glutes, hamstrings and quads.
Fit's Tip: If it is too hard to do with light weights, instead of holding dumbbells, you can place your hands on your waist instead.