When you've skipped out on one too many workouts for the week, something is always better than nothing. Here's a lunchtime workout you can do without leaving your office, for a quick way to burn a few calories during lunchtime.
Start with this one, since you can easily do it at your desk; you'll give your abs a nice workout.
- Place your hands on the base of the chair. If your chair has arms, then, for an easier version, place your hands on each arm.
- Press into your palms, keep your knees bent, and lift off your seat so your arms are supporting your weight. Lift your knees as high as you can to get the most out of this ab exercise.
- Hover over your chair for a few seconds, or longer if you can. Then slowly release your body back into the chair. Repeat as much as you can for a minute.
Once you're done, find a long hallway to do a walking forward lunge. If you don't have a hallway, then do regular lunges without walking.
- Stand upright, feet together.
- Take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Lower hips toward the floor, and bend both knees (almost at 90-degree angles). The back knee should come close to but never touch the ground. Your front knee should be directly over the ankle, and the back knee should be pointing down toward the floor.
- Push off the floor with your left foot, and bring it forward to starting position. This completes one rep.
- Next, step forward and repeat with the left leg.
- Walk slowly for one minute, then do reverse lunges back to your starting point (one minute).