We already told you where not to check into on Foursquare — ahem, men's bathroom! — but there's still a whole lot of checking in left for you to do. This is especially true if you're a health and fitness nut. I'm sure that you already have a stash of healthy badges like Gym Rat and RunKeeper, but up the ante by becoming the mayor of local health hangouts. Amass enough healthy mayorships and it won't be long before the city's quinoa prices are decided by you.
For those of you who spend many hours in the kitchen preparing healthy meals and snacks, here are six gadgets that could make your life a little easier. Not only will they save you time, but some will also prevent your produce from spoiling, which will save you some dough.
For those lovely ladies in your life who you lovingly call heath nuts, I've found a few gifts that will make those gals go, well, nuts. As a health nut myself, I would be psyched to find any of these items packed in pretty recycled paper for the holidays.
- MixMyGranola: Choose your health nut's favorite mix-ins to create a personalized granola mix, or buy one of the pre-mixed options. The granola is organic and many of the mix-ins are organic, too. Throw in some extra love by giving a gift certificate along with the bag you gave, so they'll have a refill to look forward to after they've gobbled up their first mix. Perfect for the health nut who already has everything.
- Dial-A-Slice Apple Divider: This handy tool makes snacking on crunchy apples a cinch and produces either 16 thin slices or eight thick ones.
- Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer: This cool gadget differs from some of the other pedometers out there because it doesn't have to be clipped to a belt, and can be conveniently placed into a bag or pocket. It measures steps, aerobic steps and minutes, calories, and distance, and saves the data for seven days.
The gift-giving holidays are just around the corner and to spare you some of the last-minute shopping stress the Sugar sites are creating ever-helpful gift guides.
We all have a gal pal that is a complete and utter health nut (FitSugar looks sheepish). You know that friend that only eats organic food and has tried her hand at making her own soy milk. Check out my gift ideas for the health nut in your life.
- I think Health Magazine is a gift that keeps on giving. Full of informative and entertaining articles as well as fitness tips and recipes, there is something for every mood on the pages of this mag.
- Nothing tastes like homemade yogurt, so give the gift of DIY yogurt. It is simple to use and only take 10 hours at the most. Then you can enjoy one of the foods recommended to women to eat everyday. You know this fact because your health nut friend told you.
- Keep her in fruits and nuts and organic ones at that! You can have seasonal organic fruit, paired with an organic nut, delivered directly to her door.