In and out of the studio, yoga can have a profound effect on your day-to-day activities. Whether the image of a beautiful pose or spiritual words is your style, having inspired artwork on your wall can help change your tune so you breathe a little deeper. Click through to see 10 pieces of yoga-inspired art from Etsy that would warm up any room.
For the fitness fan in your life, here are a few holiday gift ideas from FitSugar’s editor, Susi May. Check out great stocking stuffer ideas that are all under $20 or a creative do-it-yourself yoga bag, which makes a fun present for the yoga lover in your life – or even for yourself! Watch our video for other gifts for runners, yoga beginners, and those resolving to add a little more fitness into their routine.
When the Thanksgiving dishes are cleared from the table, it's time to move on to holiday shopping. Or at least start working on gift ideas and your own wish list. For the active ladies in your life, we have created six gift guides to help you score the perfect find whether your friend, sister, or mother is a yogi, a runner, or an all-around fitness buff. Check out our guides below.
10 Fit Gifts Under $10
Stylish Gym Bags
Filtered Water Bottles
For the Fit Fashionista
Is there anything fitnessy on your wish list? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Know anyone running the NYC Marathon? To celebrate conquering 26.2, skip mass-produced gifts and give your runner something personal and handmade from Etsy. These finds are unique while also showing that you get your friend's passion for the sport. Keep reading to see some inspiring handmade running products — from hand-stamped keyrings to bib displays, you're bound to find the perfect gift!
For the yogini in your life, skip mass-produced gifts and go for something handmade from Etsy. These finds are unique while also showing that you get your friend's passion for yoga. Keep reading to see some handmade yoga-inspired gifts — from jewelry to letterpress prints, you're bound to find the perfect item!
If you stayed indoors on Black Friday, there are still a lot of shopping deals to be had. Cyber Monday is when retailers present some of their best deals online — from free shipping to massively reduced items, or in some cases, putting the entire store on sale. For bigger and more general retailers, GeekSugar has all the details on where to find the best deals online. But, if you're looking for fitness and health products, look no further. Act quick — most of these deals are one-day sales that end promptly at 11:59 p.m. wherever you're located.
- Adidas: $20 watch sale.
- Athleta: Free shipping on orders over $50, free returns.
- Cabela's: Free shipping on orders of $99 or more. Enter code GIFTS.
- ExerciseTV: 50 percent off the Crunch workout download package, and 20 percent off the entire ExerciseTV inventory and store.
- Garmin: Special Cyber Monday-only sales on popular items.
- Lole: Free shipping on all orders.
- Lucy: 20 percent off all regular priced merchandise. Enter code 1210Dholiday
- Lululemon: Free shipping on all orders.
- Modell's Sporting Goods: Take 20 percent off entire order and receive free shipping on orders over $49. Enter code MOD2TEN1122.
- Nike: Enter promo code JUSTDOIT for free shipping on all orders and get an additional 25 percent off clearance items by entering code NIKEAIR.
- The North Face: Free shipping on orders over $175.
- Oiselle: Free shipping, gift wrap, and Kind snacks with purchase.
- REI: Save up to 30 percent on snowboarding, skiing, and camping gear.
- Sports Authority: Take 15 percent off your entire order.
- Under Armour: Free shipping on all orders. Enter code UANEW6.
- Zobha: Free shipping and discounted holiday sets.
For those of us that are into healthy living, receiving a fitness gift is always a good thing. But for someone who is not super into fitness or may be sensitive about their weight, an exercise DVD box set probably isn't the way to go. If you're a health nut who likes to give what you know, there are some "safe" gifts out there. Here are a few items might inspire your friend to exercise and eat healthy, but if they don't, no harm done. All of these gifts are just as awesome outside of the gym as in it.
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm guessing by now you've unwrapped all of your presents — I hope you received everything you asked for. I know that there can be some controversy around receiving fitness-related gifts, but I was super excited to get a new down jacket for Fall and Winter camping trips, a resistance band, and an awesome Polar watch/heart rate monitor this Christmas. I also gave a friend a Shiva Rea DVD that she loves.
How about you — did you receive any fitness-related presents this year? Tell me what fitness gifts you received in the comments section below. If you d
Shopping for the holidays can be trying — especially on your bank account. Here are some great fitness-inspired gifts that fall under the $50 mark but look like they cost a whole lot more.