So tell me, what's your favorite piece of equipment at the gym?
Summer is here and man is it hot out! The heat can dehydrate your body and drain your energy. This combined with feeling uncomfortably sticky and sweaty can make you want to skip the workout and head for your air-conditioned living room.
There are plenty of things you can do to work your body without overheating. Here are some ideas:
- Swim! If you hit the pool for 30 minutes, you can burn up to 270 calories.
- Take up a water sport like kayaking or water skiing. It works your upper body and if you get hot, you can just jump in.
- Take a bike ride. When the wind's blowing through your hair and over your body, it feels cooler than if you were going for a run.
- Don't do as much. If you are used to playing tennis for an hour, cut it down to 30 minutes or less.
- Workout in an air-conditioned gym.
- Keep ice water close by while you work out and drink as often as you feel you need to. If you are doing high intensity cardio, try to sip small amounts - drinking too much could give you a bellyache.
- Walk the mall. That's right. It's not hot in there so you can walk back and forth staying cool and totally entertained (don't you just love people watching and window shopping?).
The last challenge was called Balancing Wide Squat and my favorite was posted by rugeorge. She even got her friend to do it with her and they're wearing matching outfits (it wasn't planned, but it's still adorable!).
Now don't forget about the newest challenge called Twisting Extended Side Angle.
birdwoman tried Crow pose and took it to a whole other level and showed us her Side Crow. I was so amazed at her balance, grace, and beauty. She made it look like she was floating in space without a care in the world. Talk about inspirational.
And now let's get ready for the latest Yoga challenge called Eagle pose.
Give this balancing pose your best shot and submit your photos to the IYOGA CHALLENGE group. Your picture could be my next favorite.
Suzanne, you and you husband's photos were my favorite. There's nothing I love more than people doing yoga together - way to inspire each other. Keep it up.
What a guy is right! He did more than give it a try. I'm very impressed.
But don't worry - you all have another chance to get your photo posted on FitSugar. Here's the latest challenge called Standing Bound Split pose. It's great for practicing your balance and working your hamstrings at the same time. Get into it from Bound Forward Bend pose.
Need another yoga challenge? Try doing Crow pose too.
Can't wait to see those pics. You can post them here.
I may not have a slew of celebrities calling to get their hands on my latest batch of brownies (like they do at Brownies 90210), but with a bit of marketing I'd like to think I would. The recipe I use makes perfectly fudgy brownies, the kind that are slightly chewy but with a crisp top. We're talking absolutely delicious, brownie cook-off winning, people will be begging you for the recipe good. To learn my favorite brownie recipe, which I actually found in an issue of Fine Cooking magazine, read more