If you love the outdoors and have someone who loves it equally as much, why not plan an overnight excursion? I know it's February, and it's cold out, but winter camping is a huge sport. What's so great about it? No bugs!
If you plan ahead and pack the right gear, you'll beat the cold and have a ton of fun. Here's what you'll need:
- Waterproof Tent and a tarp to lay underneath it
- Warm mummy style sleeping bags for each of you, preferably made of down like this one from The North Face
- Always use a sleeping pad under your sleeping bag so you're not resting on the cold earth
- Warm clothing - pack wool base layers to help keep you warm, extra pairs of wool socks, a warm hat and mittens, a waterproof coat and pants, and waterproof boots.
- Enough water for the both of you. Keep your water bottles from freezing by placing them in a wool sock or insulated bottle cover.
Want to see what else you need? Then read more