- Ask for salad dressing on the side and dip when you need a dab.
- Chew on a piece of gum instead of eating a cookie.
- Sub in mustard for mayonnaise.
- Use lemon juice and a dash of olive oil for a healthy and low fat salad dressing.
- Choose healthier toppings when ordering pizza.
Cooking healthy is like anything else: the more you do it the easier it becomes. Once you know how to make low-calorie substitutions and tricks for trimming the fat (and I mean that literally) from your meals, cooking light becomes easier with every meal. Not sure where to start when you're in the kitchen? Check out these simple suggestions.