It happens all the time: You prep for so long for a big event. You have major anxiety and stress about how the event will go. The event happens in a flash. The event is over, just like that.
Many of Hollywood's a-listers may be feeling exactly these sentiments today as The Oscars are now over. So how can you cheer yourself up after a big event?
- Make sure you'll be taking memories with you, not a big ole' hangover. The best way to prolong the joy is with memories. You'll really feel defeated if you've forgotten everything by the next morning. Take lots of pictures, write in your journal when you can and keep mementos from the big event.
- Talk about it when it is done. It is hard to have something so important that was all you talked about for months be something you don't talk about anymore. So talk about it but try not to whine because you start losing potential listeners fast.
- Remember there is life after your big event, so be sure to plan for it. Make plans with friends. Plan calls and trips to get back into touch with loved ones that you may have lost touch with since you've been all consumed with your event.
- Take up a new hobby. Your brain has been used to being consumed with one thing for a while now so give it something else to focus on. (I hear knitting is making a comeback.)
- You knew this one was coming so HIT THE GYM. You've been working so hard to look great for your big day; so don't forget about all your hard work when it's over. Going to the gym (yoga, pilates, etc) will not only make you feel great (get those endorphins moving baby) but it will also give you a way to channel any post-event blues you may be feeling.