You can get your heart rate up in the comfort of your own home. Skip the gym and the cardio machine for this short, fun, and hard cardio workout. We think you'll love it! And your arms and legs will feel worked too. Equipment wise you will need a step (for step-ups) and a jump rope. If there are no stairs in your home use a small bench, march in place with some vigor, or up the intensity by running in place doing high knees jog — this advanced variation works the abs too. If you don’t have a jump rope just imagine you do and hop over your imaginary rope.
|Exercise||Time / Reps|
|March in place||2 minutes|
|Jump rope||2 minutes|
|Stretch||Hamstrings, quads, calves, inner thighs|
That wraps up the warmup. To see the rest of the workout, keep reading.
I have had a few requests recently of Sugar users looking for cardio moves they can do at home. Here are some ideas for getting your heart rate up in the comfort of your own home.
- Small sprints – Think of these like mini killers
- Jumping jacks – A classic move known for elevating your heart rate
- Jump rope – If you don't have a rope, jump with a pretend one
- Skipping – This childish form of locomotion is great for your legs and heart rate
- Mountain Climbers – Like running in place while in the plank position (for a description click here)
I have plenty more moves, so read more