Let's kick-start the New Year with healthy advice from some of the best in the business. Keep reading to see what our favorite trainers are dishing in the Twitterverse: tips on healthy eating, getting in shape, and making this year your best ever!
I love using my Twitter account to follow celebrity trainers and fitness experts who tweet. I get the same advice that their star clients do, except I don't have to pay $300/hour for it, and I get the scoop on all of their new projects. And since they often talk about the stars they train, I get to hear about Kristin Cavallari's and Fergie's workouts, or what healthy foods Lady Gaga is snacking on. Check out what trainers are tweeting up a storm in the Twitterverse.
Since I literally just got back from sweating it out at the gym, I am more than appreciating this Twitter conversation between Hills star Kristin Cavallari and her trainer, John Damon. I feel your pain, Kristin!
@KristinCav: I am so sore from working out with my trainer John Damon yesterday. He's the best though!!
@johndamon: Kristin, you are the best! Hardest worker in the gym. Great form, great attitude, and you always show up. You are a true champion!!!
Into Twitter? Come on and follow FitSugar!
It's official — I have Olympic fever, like whoa. I've been getting myself acquainted with the athletes and events, and I'll definitely be glued to the set for Friday's opening ceremony. I'm also following my favorite Team USA competitors on Twitter. As they head to Vancouver this week, it's been beyond cool to hear first-person accounts of their training, diets, and inspiration.
Here are my picks for the Winter Olympians worth the follow on Twitter. Be sure to check their tweets throughout the games for front row action and don't forget to send them your love through the Twitterverse.
- Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler: @GretchenBleiler, "Heading up the pipe at Buttermilk for the last few days of riding Aspen Snowmass before the Olympics!"
- Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn: @lindseyvonn, "Ahh, training was canceled because it snowed too much last night. Oh well, it's off to the gym instead!"
- Freestyle aerial skier Emily Cook: @emilycoook, "On our way to Vancouver!"
- Alpine skier Julia Mancuso: @JuliaMancuso, "On the airplane headed to Vancouver! Wow, busy, busy! Lots of athletes on my flight!"
- Ice dancer Tanith Belbin: @TanithJLB, "On our way to Brooklyn for final fitting of new costumes. (Faux) fur and gold and ribbons, oh my! Anyone else scared?"
To see what guys I'm following, read more
If the whole world knew what you ate all day, would it motivate you to make better food choices? That's what the folks behind Tweet What You Eat (TWYE) are hoping.
TWYE is a Twitter-based online food diary that is updated in real time via the web or a text message. And unless a member has opted to keep their diary private, the 15,000 (and growing) members of TWYE get to see what you eat, all day, every day. Most users do go public and the founders admit that this has been key to finding success on TWYE. Users might think twice before gorging on cake, cookies, or donuts if their diary is open to all.
To learn how to use TWYE, read more
- The AT&T GPS App will cost $10 a month for navigational service. — Wired
- Check out 10 video games that should have been turned into movies. — Switched
- YouTube has increased its file limit to 2GB and offers direct linking to HD videos. — TechCrunch
- Get ready, get set, because there's going to be a Grease video game for the Wii and DS. — Joystiq
- Here's an easy way to keep your long phone and laptop cords under control.— Unplggd
- Twitter's cofounder Biz Stone lays down the rules about the use of Twitter's trademarked word "Tweet". — Twitter Blog
- Log in for your chance to win the hot new iPhone 3GS. — geeksugar
Elegant and effective, and for only $35, you can be wearing this sterling silver charm, which hangs on an 18-inch sterling silver snake chain. And for the stone, you can choose from either a birthstone or a freshwater pearl.
After watching the hilarious Twitter piece from The Daily Show on citizensugar, me thinks I should support the Twitter cause and get one of these!