It's only fitting that FitSugar don comfy-chic items. One of my favorite athletic brands happens to be Adidas — so fabulously old-school — and Fit is decked out and ready to sweat in a cute organic hoodie and yoga pants.
Here's what she's wearing:
- Adidas Cover Up Yoga Organic Hoodie ($105)
- Adidas Yoga Knit Pants ($112)
- Nike Lunar Glides ($100)
- Planet Blue Hair Ties ($36)
- Adidas Yoga Mat ($45)
- Maharadsha Turquoise Water Bottle by Sigg ($25)
Stay tuned for rundowns of all the Sugar girls' new Fall outfits!
I am on my fifth reusable water bottle. From leaving them at the gym and on the bus, I've managed to work my way through water bottles. I can't help but think I'm being counter productive here and they're not cheap either, Sigg and Klean Kanteen both start at around $20 a bottle. I'm curious, as we're all trying to keep hydrated while doing our part to stop using plastic water bottles and start using reusable water bottles, have you ever lost your reusable water bottle?
Want to look as cool and collected as Charlize while jetsetting? Pay attention.
Whether you vacation in the Summer or Winter (moi), as relaxing as a vacation can be, sometimes getting to and from is not so. I wouldn't call myself extremely well-traveled but my passport is pretty colorful. I have some tips when it comes to packing and making the airport trek as smooth sailing as possible. But before I divulge, remember: travel is stressful but what awaits on the other end is bliss. So sit back, remember to breathe and enjoy the ride.
Diane von Furstenberg delivers us many wise words and on the topic of packing, here are some, "I think if you've figured out how to pack, you've figured out your life." So don't fret my friends, mastering the art of packing is a life long task.
- Maintain a coordinated color palette. That doesn’t mean it has to be boring! Red, purple, black and dark denim is a modern and interesting combination. As for the tropics, how does yellow, purple, white and gold sound? Fabulous.
- Consider dresses, lots of dresses. Here is an item that’s easy to throw on and is an outfit in itself.
- Keep shoes neutral; black, brown, metallic and white shoes/sandals. This will make things less stressful when trying to color coordinate outfits and accessories.
For lots more Fab travel tips and to learn my travel essentials, read more
Our buddies at ELLE will be holding a virtual charity auction on Monday, April 14 to help fight global warming. On auction will be one-of-a-kind Sigg water bottles designed, by 15 top fashion designers including Phillip Lim, Sienna Miller, Zac Posen, and Stella McCartney.
These eco-conscious bottles are a great alternative to using disposable plastic water bottles and what better way to show your support in fighting global warming? My favorite is Peter Som's (pictured left). Set your timers!
To see all of the designs, read more
April is a sign of Spring, which means exercising outdoors, longer days, and the unavoidable approach of bikini season. Hopefully you're already motivated by the warmer weather, so check out a few items that'll help you celebrate April the fittest and healthiest you can.
With all of the worries concerning plastic bottles, why bother with the hazards when there's a container that is safe to drink from and shatter proof.
The Swiss company SIGG has been manufacturing aluminum bottles for nearly 100 years. Just recently they began catering to a younger crowd. A smaller SIGG bottle is available in various playful and sprightly designs for your kids. The lil brain will adore the ABC bottle and the tiny space cadet will beg for the astronaut sipper. To learn more about these bottles, read more
We spend a lot of time at work, and if you're anything like me, when other people are snacking, it's hard to resist the urge not to snack too. It seems like it's always someone's birthday, or someone's mother made homemade cookies, or someone ordered afternoon pizza.
Here are some tips to help you stay healthy and fight the urge to over-eat...
- Eat a delicious and wholesome breakfast before you get to work. That way if someone is going for a Dunkin Donuts run, you won't be tempted to get something unhealthy.
- You don't have to skip going out to lunch all the time. Denying yourself is no good. Instead designate 1 day out of the week for eating out. Try to find a place that serves nutritious soups, sandwiches, or salads. If you know a portion is huge, share it with a friend, or save the other half for tomorrow's lunch.
- Pack your own lunch the other days. That way you know you'll like it and you'll know it's good for you. Plus it'll save you time if you're too busy to pick up lunch.
- Try to take at least 20 minutes away from work to eat. Get outside, eat at a park, or go to your break room. We tend to eat too fast and overeat when we are mindlessly shoveling food in our mouth. So concentrate on just eating, so you can really enjoy your food slowly. It's a great time to catch up with a co-worker and give your mind a break too.
Want to hear the other tips? Then read more
When the weather is so wonderfully warm, like it is this time of year, I love to drink lots of cold water to stay hydrated and prevent myself from overheating.
When I know I'm going to be out for a while, walking, hiking, or on a boat, I always bring my reusable water bottle along. I love to drop ice cube sticks in the water to keep it extra cool, but in this heat, it tends to cool down really quickly.
The insulating properties of neoprene keep the contents of your bottle cold (or warm). Plus it absorbs all that annoying condensation that always drips on the outside of your bottle. It's easy to clean, lightweight, inexpensive (you can order it for $7.95), and such a great idea - definitely a must for warm weather.