The couple that plays together stays together, and the same seems to be true for these celebrity duos who work out together. Keeping fit is a high priority in Hollywood, and these celebrities definitely know how to go from significant other to workout buddy. Take a look at these couples who love to sweat as a pair, whether it's at the gym, on the hills, or on the road!
Work, school, social life, family — life gets busy, which, for some, means exercise gets put on the back burner. There are a lot of tricks and tips to squeezing workouts into busy days. From filling pockets of the day with short bursts of activity to turning a social outing into an active one, there's almost no valid excuse to not work out! But for people who need a little more organization in their lives (take me for example), a calendar is key to staying on track.
When planning out my week, I pencil in workouts the same way that I do meetings, happy hours, and other engagements — it's a surefire way that keeps me from double-booking. It also keeps me committed. Once a workout is on my calendar, it's hard for me to back out, especially if it's a fitness date with a friend — no one likes a flake!
A hot and sunny Summer is hard to beat, but certain fitness activities feel unbearable when the sun is beating down on you. Say hello to Fall! The season's cooler temps make exercising outdoors a little more manageable and a little less hot and sweaty. But, if keeping things hot is your thing, grab your honey and try one of these Fall fitness activities together — they're guaranteed to create a little heat between the two of you!
The benefits of exercise go way beyond a killer bod and healthy heart; it can also help boost a sagging social life. From working on existing friendships to making new ones, find out how keeping active may score you the love of your life, your dream vacation, and more!
- Ladies' Night — Whether it's hitting the gym after work or going on a weekend hike, exercise is an easy way to schedule in some girl (or guy) time. Just like celebs who work out with friends, my friends and I use side-by-side time on the treadmill to talk to each other about what's happening in our lives. Exercise is also an easy way to experience something new and fun together. Recently a bunch of us took a pole dancing class — something I would have never done on my own! Not only was the pole dancing class a fun workout, but it was also an easy way for us to let loose and laugh together. Instead of happy hour, get your friends together and try out a new fitness class, go on a bike ride, or schedule a camping weekend full of hiking, kayaking, and healthy campfire eats!
- Gain a Hobby and Make New Friends — Taking out your headphones and getting off the elliptical may open doors for you to an entire new life. Experiment with specialized forms of fitness like yoga, rock climbing, or running until you find one you fall in love with; not only have you found a new hobby, but chances are you'll also make friends along the way. Once you become a regular at a yoga studio or group fitness class, strike up a conversation with other regulars you recognize — they may be interested in taking another class together. Many outdoor fitness activities like cycling, running, or rock climbing have online community forums where you can find meet-ups, join workout groups, or pair off with a buddy. My boyfriend's closest friends are people he met through rock climbing; I also have a friend who now counts her yoga teacher as one of her personal friends.
Find out how exercise helps you get a date and go on a vacation!
It's almost Valentine's Day, but there's no reason to feel that you need to be in a relationship to celebrate. Sometimes celebrating on your own or with friends is even more fun! But if this time of year makes you wish that you had a special someone, there's no harm in trying to go out and make that happen.
If you're single and want to meet a partner who is just as into being fit as you are, it's probably not going to happen in a bar — but it's probably not going to happen in Pilates or step aerobics either. Even in the fitness scene there are places that feel more natural to be social or flirty. Keep reading to find out which fitness activities are made for singles to get fit and flirty at.
Nighttime wining and dining can devastate your healthy daytime habits, whether you're with a special someone or your closest friends. Those delightfully decadent appetizers, simmering entrees, cocktails, and desserts add up quick, and it's hard to hit the gym afterward when there's fun to be had out on the town. Sunny Summer days and nights make for hot and healthy dates, but there are plenty of sound ways to stick to your resolution to be healthier mid-Winter besides a couple's trip to the gym. Stay fit and flirty despite freezing temperatures and tempting fondue towers with these tips.
After a long workday I was excited to get a call from my boyfriend — he had planned the "perfect date" for us. Rushing home to get ready, I was puzzled when he showed up in a t-shirt and carpenter pants. The "perfect date" I envisioned involved a little something more than the faded team building shirt he was wearing. "Get excited," he said, "we are going to the climbing gym!"
OK, here's the deal: we go to the gym all the time. And as much as I love an awesome fitness date, the gym is not at all what I envisioned when I heard the word "perfect." The gym, to me, is part of my normal routine.
The silver lining: after climbing, the BF took me to my favorite restaurant for a pretty epic meal. Did he have it right all along . . .
- Take a jog/walk at the beach or in the park — An hour of jogging, walking, and talking will burn 371 calories.
- Put on your comfy shoes and mall walk — An hour cruising the mall and racks will torch about 97 calories.
- Roll to the ice or roller skating rink — It's always the perfect temperature indoors. An hour of roller skating will burn 465 calories. An hour of ice skating will burn 332 calories.
- Put on your fancy shoes for ballroom dancing — Dancing With the Stars has Audrina Patridge in "the best shape of her life." Sign up for a class with your BFF. An hour will burn 254 calories.
- Tee off at mini golf — Grab your golf gear for a low-key workout. An hour of mini golf will burn 136 calories.
Want to get fit with your favorite cutie? Plan a romantic fitness date.
Calorie burn based on a 130-pound woman that's 5'5". Calculate a more accurate burn stat for your weight and height with our Calorie Burn tool.
Uh-oh! Like it or not, the final days of Summer are driftin' away. If you're looking to take a vacation from your usual workouts, take advantage of the season and carve out some time with your favorite cutie or health-minded pal for a calorie-burning date. Tell me more, tell me more, you say? Here are a few of my favorites activities to cool you off, heat things up, and keep you moving.
I am super excited for this weekend to start. Instead of a fancy dinner or a box of chocolates, the mister and I are celebrating Valentine's Day by spending the weekend rock climbing in Yosemite. We're splurging a little though — instead of roughing it in a tent like we normally do, we've got a room booked at a nearby bed and breakfast and a couples massage scheduled for Saturday evening. I'm also excited because one of our friends is coming up on Sunday to go on a hike with us. Compared to past Valentine's Day celebrations, this year's will definitely be my most fitness-inspired.
It looks like I'm not the only one who likes to get closer to my beau by going on a fitness date. Anna Paquin spent some quality time with her costar and fiancé Stephen Moyer at the gym this week. (It looks like they're also on the celeb-lovin' Vita Coco kick!)
How about you?