Recently a user asked for advice on kicking the soda habit and you came through with some fabulous tips and advice, especially since many of us have had to kick our own Coke guzzling practices to the curb. Your top tips are:
- Switch to seltzer water or sparkling water. You'll get the fizz, but not the sugar. If you miss the flavor try the flavored varieties. If possible find those flavored without high fructose corn syrup.
- Find a healthier drink to be addicted to. Suggestions include iced tea, milk, and Kombucha tea.
- Drink water. Lots and lots of water. If you can't stomach the plain water, try flavored. Think about adding your own flavors like a splash of 100 percent fruit juice or Crystal Light.
- Cut down. Don't deny yourself your pleasure, that could only make you want it more. Slowly eliminate it from your diet.
- If all else fails, go cold turkey. Sounds hard, but many of you guys think that stopping drinking soda completely is the only way to ultimately quit.
To see all the great advice, check out the comments here.