During a discussion about cancer, my friend recently said, "There's nothing you can do to stop yourself from getting cancer, so everyone should just enjoy their lives."
True, some cancers are inevitable, but many of them are preventable. In fact, WebMD has outlined a few simple things you can do in your own life to keep cancer at bay. The tips may not be the end all be all, but they're certainly not going to do any harm either. They are:
- Not using cigarettes or other tobacco products
- Avoiding second-hand smoke
- Not drinking too much alcohol
- Avoiding weight gain and maintaining a healthy weight
There are many more simple tips so read more.
- Eating five or more daily servings of fruits and vegetables and a low-fat diet
- Balancing calories with physical activity
- Being physically active
- Protecting skin from sunlight
- Supporting community efforts to develop a healthy social and physical environment
Are you doing all you can do to prevent cancer? Tell me in the comments section below.