I hope you've all been working on opening your hips doing the wide squat pose. This week's Yoga Challenge is just a little variation on the traditional wide squat.
Give it a try. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos you post in the YOGA CHALLENGE Group.
This is how you do Bound Squat:
- Start in a wide squat. Place your left hand on the ground in front of your left foot, trying to drop your left shoulder as low as you can below your knee.
- Now wrap your left forearm in front of your left shin, trying to bring that hand up towards your left hip.
- Now lift your right arm up as high as you can and drop it behind you, bringing your right hand towards your lower back.
- If you can, you're going to bind around your left knee - this means your left hand grabs your right hand (grab your right wrist if you can.)
- Stay here for 5 breaths, trying to keep equal weight in both feet. Pull your right shoulder down towards your hips so you can open through your chest.
- Try it on the other side.
What do you think? Can't wait to see your pictures. My favorite will be featured right here on FitSugar!