Spring has gotten me excited for the newest yoga challenge - Balancing Squat. This pose is great for stretching out the tiny muscles in your feet that have been cooped up in big clunky boots for much too long. This is also great for feet that get so stiff and sore from walking in heels and running.
This pose is easy to get into, here's how:
- Begin standing in Mountain pose.
- Bend your knees and squat down all the way, bringing your hands on the ground in front of your feet.
- Bring your heels and the balls of your feet together (the part beneath your toes). Take your knees out wide.
- Balancing on just your toes, work on bringing one hand up towards your chest and then the other, gazing at a still point in front of you to hold you steady.
- Hold for 5 breaths and then come to stand up slowly.
That's it my friends. Not too tough, right? I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful pics in the YOGA CHALLENGE Group.