Welcome to our last installment of Wedding Season on the Sugar Network! This week we are celebrating the final phase of the wedding celebration - the honeymoon. Now, I know a lot of you are reading the title laughing, but I am being totally serious here.
The thing is that you (and your new hubby) have been working hard to get those toned bodies for the wedding -- You may have even found that you actually enjoy [gasp] working out and how good you feel from it. Since the honeymoon is supposed to be a time where you feel your best, happy and relaxed, think about squeezing in a few workouts. So, if you're actually considering leaving your hotel room while on your honeymoon, here are few tips on how to fit a workout in:
- I am not saying wake up at 5:00 am every morning, but if you ever have any down time then hit the gym at the hotel. Most resorts these days have amazing fitness centers that are worth 30 minutes of your time. A good resource to use while looking for a hotel with a good fitness center is AthleticMindedTraveler, because the folks over there have scoured hotels gyms nationwide.
- Some hotels will even offer group fitness activities like water aerobics, sunrise hikes and even standard fitness classes like spinning.
- If you're near the beach, how about a sunset jog or stroll on the beach with your man? Not only is it romantic, but running and walking on sand are great ways to work your leg muscles.
- Speaking of the beach, snorkeling and scuba diving are fabulous ways to be active and see some amazing things under the sea.
- Not into swimming with the fish, kayaking and canoeing are great ways to spend some time together as newlyweds while seeing the water from above.
- For those of you that love to run, think about doing something totally different such as sight jogging - a jogging tour. Depending on where you're going, ask your concierge about availability.
- While we're on the subject of the concierge -- If sight jogging is not your style, but you would be interested in something else along those lines, ask the concierge available options. He should be able to give you many suggestions for different types of things you can do to see the area while burning a few calories along the way.
Fit's Tips: If working out just isn't on your agenda, an hour of sex could burn about 250 calories (for an 130 pound woman).