If your active appetite makes you feel like a bottomless pit, try adding more water-based foods into your diet that will make you feel fuller faster. These fruits and vegetables have tons of flavor and fiber, and their high water content also causes them to act as bloat-reducing diuretics. There's a long list of produce that fits the water bill, but here are eight of my favorite ways to eat water, so to speak.
- Add celery to your tuna salad.
- Toss zucchini into your pot of soup.
- Include kale in a simple pasta dish with garlic and olive oil.
- Steam asparagus for a side dish.
- Create a salad featuring green beans.
- Layer tomatoes and cucumbers on a sandwich.
- Bake eggplant parmesan for dinner.
- Snack on peaches, melons, or citrus fruits.