1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
2 1/2 tablespoons water
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- Make the vegan egg by stirring the flax meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar and soy milk together to create vegan buttermilk. Add and mix in the canola oil, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir in the flax egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry, and whisk until just mixed — avoid overmixing as this will result in a gummy consistency.
- Place a pan over medium heat and allow to warm up for about five minutes before cooking the pancakes. Spray a little cooking spray, and then pour about two tablespoons of batter onto the pan for each pancake (they'll be about four inches in diameter). The batter should sizzle when it hits the pan.
- When you see bubbles start to form (after about two minutes), it's time to flip. Cook for another minute or so.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a plate in an oven on warm until ready to serve.
- This recipe makes 12 pancakes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count 
- Pancakes/Waffles, Breakfast/Brunch
- 4 servings (12 pancakes)
- Cook Time
- 30 mins
- Calories per serving