Keep reading to see this Indian-inspired recipe for an easy curry.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 sweet potato, diced in 1/2” chunks
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1” ginger, grated
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 zucchini, diced in 1/2” chunks
1 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sweet potato, sauté until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Toss in the garlic, salt, ginger, curry powder, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, and turmeric. Sauté for one minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini, chickpeas, and agave nectar. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender. If the mixture looks dry, add vegetable stock or water.
5. Add the cilantro and lime. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Source: Calorie Count