1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps Cereal
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup, and wheat germ, then mix in the rice cereal.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon, and squeeze into a ball using your hands. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, and place the balls on an unlined cookie sheet.
- Chill the peanut butter balls in the fridge until they become firm, about an hour.
- After an hour has passed, place the chocolate chips in a glass or metal bowl.
- In a small pot, heat some water over medium heat. Place the bowl of chocolate chips on top of the pot. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted, then remove the bowl from the heat.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge. Use a spoon to drop a ball into the melted chocolate, one at a time. Roll it around to coat, then place it on a lined baking sheet (waxed or parchment paper or a Silpat mat works).
- Pop the chocolate-covered balls back in the fridge for another hour. One ball equals one serving.
- Chocolate, Desserts
- 16 balls
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 30 mins
- Calories per serving