You asked for it so FIT has put together a list of the best and most affordable MP3 players to use while you work out.
I picked the smallest ones that also have a good amount of memory. Also, if you're wondering-- I considered having an FM Tuner an important feature since many gyms send the signal from their TVs through the FM tuner.
- iPod Shuffle, 2nd Generation ($109.99): 1GB. The downside is that there is no screen to see what is on it. But it's very small with good sound. Buy it here.
- SanDisk Sansa M240 ($61.95): 1GB. Don't love the play list features but a good quality player and it has a FM tuner. Buy it here.
- MobiBLU DAH-1500i ($119.00): 2GB. So small I can hardly believe it. Downside is that it charges only through a USB port. Buy it here.
- Rio Carbon Pearl ($114.99): 5GB. Super cute and looks great but the buttons can be annoying to use. No FM tuner. Buy it here.
- Sony Bean E307 Walkman ($116.90): 1GB. Super small and a very ergonomic shape, great if you like to hold something while running. FM tuner. Problem is there are no good options for belt clips and arm bands. Buy it here.
- iRiver T10 ($62.99): 1GB. FM Tuner, small and attractive. Takes an AAA battery so you can't just recharge it. The cross fading when you push pause can be really annoying. Buy it here.
- Microsoft Zune ($249.99): 30GB. The newest of the MP3s. Microsoft's version of the iPod but with an FM tuner. The most expensive player on this list. Buy it here.
There's lots more so, read more
Fit's Tip: Alot of MP3 Players come with crappy headphones. Do yourself a favor and get a good pair that you can wear while working out. The extra pennies spent will be worth it.