If you've recently gotten engaged or know that a wedding is in the distant future for you, it's never too early to start thinking about getting fit for the big day. Not only do you want to look your best, but it's great to get in the habit of living a healthy lifestyle before your wedding, so you'll have a long life to share with your partner.
Here are some things to start thinking about:
- If you're looking to lose weight, you can meet with a dietitian. They can help you come up with a safe and healthy eating plan that will be nutritious and low in calories.
- If you're looking to tone up specific areas of your body (like your upper arms and back) you can hire a personal trainer. They'll be able to show you exercises for each area you're concerned about.
- You can also just do toning and strengthening exercises on your own. This Starter Arms video is a great routine that's sure to work every muscle in your upper body. Also, there are a lot of DVDs that you may enjoy.
What else can you start doing? To find out read more.
- If you're looking to lose weight, you can start including more cardio in your routine. You can join a gym and use the cardio machines, and since the weather is getting warmer, you can walk, jog, hike, or ride your bike outside. To see results, you want to do at least 30 minutes of cardio at least three times a week.
- Exercise with your partner. Not only will it keep you both healthy, but it's another way you can spend time together.
The great thing about all of these ideas is that not only will exercising regularly and eating more healthy help you get in shape for the big day, but you'll have more energy to plan the wedding — a pleasant side effect of working out.
To see all of our wedding coverage, check out IDoSugar.com.