It's the end of December and 2009 is coming to a close. To celebrate another year gone by and welcome 2010, I expect many of you will get all dolled up and spend New Year's Eve with friends, food, and of course, drinks. Liquid calories can be higher than you expect, but that doesn't mean you have to forgo the toasts. You just need to choose your cocktails carefully. Steer clear of ones made with sugary mixers and high-calorie ingredients such as chocolate or other dairy products. Sip your drink instead of guzzling, and in between each alcoholic beverage, drink a glass of water.
Many festive beverages are low in calories. To see five drinks under 150 calories read more.
- Glass of champagne (4.1 oz): 96 calories
- Glass of red or white wine (5 oz): 127 calories
- Wine spritzer (3 oz wine, 3 oz club soda): 70 calories
- Gin and tonic (6 oz): 143 calories
- Bud Light (12 oz bottle): 110 calories
If you are looking to lighten up even further and go booze-free, try my Ginger Pineapple Sparkling Punch. It's tasty and refreshing.