Sometimes — especially during bikini season — plans come up at the last minute, and you wish you could feel thinner in a snap. While there aren't any instant fixes, there are definitely a few ways to feel leaner fast. If you're hoping to get slim quickly, follow these five steps to feel better by tomorrow:
- Skip the salt: Avoid that puffy, bloated feeling by steering clear of the saltshaker. Feel like you're retaining water? Try these tips to cut down on salt and choose seasonal Spring foods that naturally detox. That swollen sensation will be gone in no time.
- Catch plenty of z's: If you're tired and dragging, you won't have the drive to exercise. Sleep deprivation also stimulates the appetite — ever noticed that you eat more when you're worn out? Avoid an unnecessary binge and stay energized by crawling into bed a bit earlier and getting a good night's rest. To help you have a restful night, check out these tips for getting quality sleep.
- Get moving: A good sweat session can definitely help your body detox, but on top of the physical benefits, there's the immediate post-workout confidence boost. Whether it's a quick walk or long jog, fitting in some exercise is a surefire way to feel leaner.
- Sip some H2O: Water does wonders to beat belly bloat, so swap out sodas and sports drinks for a tall glass of H20. Looking for some extra flavor? Toss in some sliced fruit or fresh mint to give your slim-down drink better taste without too many calories.
- Cook at home: When you dine out, it's tough to know exactly what's on your plate — not to mention the heaping portion sizes. Do your body a favor by stepping into your kitchen for a home-cooked meal. That way, you're sure of which ingredients are used, and it's easier to stick to smaller portions.