When time is short, don't worry, you can still get in the calorie-burning effects of an effective workout. The next time you think you can't fit exercise in, here are five easy ways to convince yourself that's just not the case.
- Use heavier weights: Cut your strength training time by increasing the heaviness of your weights. You'll be able to do fewer reps and still get the same results.
- Combine your workouts: Don't have time to devote hours upon hours on separate cardio and strength training routines? Squeeze them both into an all-around workout that raises your heartbeat while still pumping up your muscles, like this fast-paced cardio circuit workout.
- Or, break them up: Can't block off enough time for a longer workout session? Break up your calorie burning into a few manageable spurts of exercise. There are many reasons to love a short workout — read a few of them here!
- Walk more: Staying active is more than just making it to the gym. To encourage yourself to walk more, get an inexpensive pedometer to track just how close to that 10,000-steps-a-day goal you really are.
- Find a (new) buddy: If you haven't had time to catch up with a friend, now's the time extend a fitness-inspired invitation. Sign up for guest passes at a new studio, drop in on a Zumba classs, or bundle up for a long Winter walk together. You'll be able to inject variety in your workouts all while being able to spend time with your friend.
How do you fit in a workout?