- Douche with apple cider vinegar: Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar with a quart of water.
- Tea tree oil suppositories: You can buy them at health food stores. Just insert one at bedtime (make sure to wear a pantyliner). They are supposed to be quite cooling.
- Use PLAIN yogurt (no flavors or fruit - just PLAIN) that contains active cultures. Dip a tampon into the yogurt and insert it inside you. Leave it in for an hour or so. It's cool and soothing, and gets the "good" bacteria right where you need it. Do it once or twice a day, until the situation resolves itself.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with 8 ounces of lukewarm water and drink it (not a good idea for those with weak stomachs). It tastes disgusting, but supposedly works like a charm.
- Take cranberry extract or cranberry blueberry extract pills - they are a great preventative measure and contain antioxidants for your overall health.
- Bring a squeeze bottle of honey in the bathroom with you. Sit over the toilet and pour a liberal amount into your hand. Spread it all over the infected area and sit there for at least 5 minutes (or as long as you can). The bad bacteria cannot survive due to the "good" bacteria found in the honey. Take a nice bath to wash off the honey.
Let me know if you've got any more home remedies, or tried any of the above remedies. I'd love to hear about them.