I kept things simple and topped this pizza with fresh grape tomatoes, basil, and red pepper flakes, but feel free to get more creative with your toppings.
2-3 medium sweet potatoes (enough to yield 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes)
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings of your choice (grape tomatoes and basil, pictured)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF degrees, and set a large pot of water to boil.
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into quarters. Add potatoes to boiling water, turn down to simmer, and boil them for about 20 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the flesh.
- Drain potatoes from the water, and mash well in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of your sweet potato mash, almond flour, baking soda, Italian seasoning, and salt to a large bowl. Knead well together with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper, and press out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, add the sauce, cheese, and preferred toppings, and broil for three to five minutes until cheese is melted.
- Slice up, and enjoy immediately!
Source: Calorie Count 
- Pizza, Main Dishes
- Serves two
- Calories per serving