Looking for a great stretch for your quads? Kneeling Shin Stretch pose is great, but if that's too easy for you, give Sleeping Hero a try.
|Sanskrit Name: Supta Virasana|
English Translation: Sleeping Hero Pose
Also Called: Reclining Hero
This pose can feel really intense on your knees, so if you feel any pain at any point in this pose, come to sit back up. You don't want to risk injuring yourself.
Want to hear how to get into it? Then read more
- Kneel on a mat or carpet with your knees together. Separate your feet so you can sit down on the ground in between them. Use your hands to pull your calves out of the way.
- Take a look at your feet and curl the arches around the curve of your bum, so your toes are pointing behind you and slightly towards one another.
- From here, shift your weight back and bring one hand behind you and then the other.
- Stay here or come to lie all the way down, flat on your back. Try to keep your knees as close together as possible to feel a deeper stretch in your quads, and bring your hands to rest on the soles of your ankles.
- If you love it, hold for five breaths or longer, and when you're ready to come out, lean into your elbows and press yourself back up to a seated position.